Friday, October 12, 2012

Hand-2-hand training was back on for tonight.  Okay I was joking about the whole killing someone with my pinkie, but some of the stuff we're learning is starting to get kind of vicious.  It's starts out as self defense and turns into a Steven Segal movie by the end.  Just as an example one of our combinations started out with "if someone grabs your shirt or tries to choke you" and how to get them in a wrist lock and ends up with the person on the ground and me ripping their arm out of socket.  At least he's keeping things interesting.

There's also another thing to add to my list of things to do...archery.  I guess it's not really excercise, but I was pulling a 50 pound bow for two hours so it is a bit of a workout.  Some of the guys over at the prison have an archery range set up and even have some donated equipment to use.

On a side note, week 4 of couch-2-5k is in the books.  I'm not really looking forward to week 5, but I was worried about week 4 and managed to finish that one so I'll just keep at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment