Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sone of a b----!!! This morning was my second day off between weeks 5 & 6...or maybe I should say it was "supposed to be" my day off. As per my usual routine, even though it was an off day I threw on my stuff and went for my walk. About 1/3 of the way through my walk the Sgt. from our office went running by in the other direction so we both waved and said our good mornings and headed on our merry way. Not a big deal, we've passed each other before and I've told him about the whole c25k thing. Well, he made his turn and caught back up with me about a mile from our billets. "Hey, come on and finish this last mile with me." Sure sounds like a good idea, run that last mile with the Army Sgt. who runs 2-3 miles a morning just for fun. So, I ran the last mile back with him...not jogged, RAN. He said we could go at my pace, but just because of how I am I was trying to go at his pace, which I'm sure was well below 10"/mile. But, we made it back and he was impressed with the progress I've made.

To top it off they were running the Army 10-miler this morning.  My usual route must have been the last part of the run because there were some pretty haggard looking folks.  When the Sgt. and I started running, there were several people that we passed who were on the tail end of their 10 mile run.  I hope they didn't think they were getting passed by a fat guy who had just run 8 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment